Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service includes storing and/or sharing given web content on a server hosted by a website hosting vendor. There are different classes of hosting services used for different ends, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to build a site, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service offered by various providers, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services frequently involve adverts by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain span of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inappropriate interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a great amount of pics with mates or colleagues since the solution is typically free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your mailbox accounts. Some companies provide hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email service. If you desire to create an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to keep as many video files as you wish without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to keep a site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At My Webbie Hosting, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse compared with the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for specific content only.